Old Man Winter IS coming... DONT get left playing out in the COLD!!
2017 - 2018 BOYS INDOOR WINTER LEAGUE
NO PRACTICES -- GAMES ONLY -- WEEKENDS
**Due to many teams have conflicts the weekend of Dec 2/3 we are pushing the start by one week**
START DATE: Weekend of December 9-10 ENDS: Weekend of February 17-18 - just before spring tryouts
ALL games INDOOR at the state of the art HEATED NOVA Field House
Freezing temperatures, winds, snow, ice storms - Avoid the volatile winter weather playing on the LARGEST indoor fields in the region. A SAFE environment regardless of the weather outside.
DO you really want to GAMBLE on the winter weather with those outdoor leagues.
NEW "HYBRID LAX" FORMAT
The Best of BOX and FIELD Lacrosse
WITH FOCUS ON: FASTER PACED GAMES + MAXIMUM PLAYER TOUCHES + QUICKER DECISION MAKING
POSITIONING + SPACING + FOOTWORK + BODY CONTROL
- 7 v 7 (2 Attack, 2 Middies, 2 Defense and a Goalie)
- NO LONG POLES - Forces defenders to play with good footwork and body control technique
- 5' x 5' GOALS - Better for goalies - smaller shooting target improves shot selection, placement, and accuracy
- NO BOARDS - True sidelines - Out of bounds bad passes and not backing up shots cause turnovers with a quick restart
- NO BODY CHECKING - Protecting players from injuries prior to the spring season
- NO FACE OFFS AFTER GOALS - No wasted time resetting - Goalie takes possession for quick restart
- SMALLER TEAMS - Only need 16 to 18 players - more "touches" for everyone.
DIVISION and TEAM STRUCTURE
We encourage full teams to enter the league as a group. Players will be placed with teammates from the same high school or youth group. click link for TEAM RESERVATION INFO
- ELITE Divisions - for highest level of competition with "A" level Youth, Top High Schools and Travel Teams.
- REC Divisions - for less experienced Youth and High School teams
- Seven game schedule including PLAYOFFS
- Playoffs and Championships for top teams in all Divisions
- Champions will receive team awards
- Team and Individual stats posted after every game.
*** INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS or small groups are also welcome to register and will be placed together even if your whole team is not registering.
Players will be placed at the level they will play in their SPRING 2018 season.
HIGH SCHOOL DIVISIONS
Based on current school grade
VARSITY(11th and 12 graders)
*Exceptions for players who played Varsity last spring or by coach recommendation.
JV (9th and 10th graders)
Game Days and Times:
FRIDAYS between 5:00pm and 10:00pm
SATURDAYS between 7:00am and 10:00pm
YOUTH DIVISIONS NEW AGE CRITERIA
Spring 2018 NVYLL & US Lacrosse age segmentation
Placement is based on BIRTH YEAR
*** Players or full teams may play UP in age groups but not DOWN
*14U - Players born between 3/15/2003 and 8/31/2005 or later
*9th graders NOT eligible for 14U - MUST play JV or Varsity
12U - Players born between 9/1/2005 and 8/31/2007 or later
10U - Players born between 9/1/2007 and 8/31/2009 or later
8U - Players born between 9/1/2009 and 8/31/2011 or later
YOUTH Game Days and Times
(14U and 12U may play some 10:00pm games)
FRIDAYS between 6:00pm and 9:00pm
SATURDAYS between 7:00am and 9:00pm
SUNDAYS between 7:00am and 8:00pm
TEAM RESERVATION INFO and FORMS NOT for Individual players
Coaches and/or Team Organizers Reservation DEADLINE Nov 25 - or when sold-out
We encourage full teams to enter the league and compete together as a team. This allows teams to gain valuable game experience and team bonding as they prepare for the Spring 2018 season.
ELITE DIVISIONS: We offer Elite Division within each age group. This will provide the HIGHEST level of competition for ELITE High School and "A Level" Youth teams. Travel and Tournament Teams are Welcome!
Click the links below for the appropriate reservation form
Once you submit your team reservation form we will work with you as players register to ensure proper team placement.
FACILITY and MORE LEAGUE DETAILS
NOVA FIELD HOUSE: ADDRESS: 14810 Murdock St Chantilly VA 20151
BEAT OLD MAN WINTER .... PLAY INDOOR!
Freezing temperatures, winds, snow, ice storms - Avoid the volatile winter weather playing lacrosse @ the state-of-the art NOVA Field House sporting the LARGEST indoor fields in the region. A SAFE, HEATED environment regardless of the weather outside.
- The LARGEST indoor fields in the region 64 yards long x 34 yards wide
- NO BOARDS - true sidelines forcing players to play REAL defense
- SHOES - NO CLEATS ALLOWED Players may wear turf shoes, tennis, or basketball shoes
- DRINKS: Bottled water ONLY is allowed on the field - NO sports drinks, Gatorade, soda or any drinks with sugar
- No chewing gum or food allowed in the playing area
MORE LEAGUE DETAILS
ONLY REGISTERED PLAYERS MAY PARTICIPATE
ALL 2018 NFHS and NVYLL equipment rules will be enforced
Players must provide and wear their OWN game equipment: A legal stick, helmet, shoulder and arm pads, and gloves
We DO NOT rent equipment for league play - check with your youth group or high school.
ALL High School Players (Rising 9 - 12 graders) MANDATORY PHOTO ID for EVERY GAME
All players MUST present a photo ID to check-in staff PRIOR TO EVERY GAME. School ID, Passport or Drivers License,NO ID - YOU CANNOT PLAY EXCEPTIONS: made for younger players playing up - a copy of birth certificatae is acceptable
LEAGUE STRUCTURE DETAILS
**ALL LEAGUES: Players MUST have played at least one season of organized lacrosse to be eligible to participate in the "game only" league - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Division structure, schedules including starting and ending dates, and game times/locations are subject to change based on final registrations. Some Divisions may be merged to provide a positive league experience.